I’m always on the hunt for quick, easy recipes to make for dinner. Balancing a full-time job and a growing baby keeps me very busy. I don’t always have a lot of time to prepare an intricate meal for dinner.
I love spaghetti squash and found a ripe one over at Gilcrease Orchard a few weekends ago. While I was searching on Pinterest for an easy recipe for it, I came across this Chicken, Bacon and ranch quick meal. It honestly took no time to prepare and fed four hungry adults. Here’s the recipe to give it a try!
Chicken Bacon Ranch Spaghetti Squash
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Ingredients: (Recipe makes 4 servings)
- 1 large spaghetti squash or two smaller ones
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1 packet Ranch seasoning mix
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Poke about 5-7 small holes into your spaghetti squash. Try to space them evenly around. *Note: You can put the squash in the microwave for 5 minutes to make it easier to slice open*
3. Cut the squash in half vertically and remove all the seed and stringy pieces.
5. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and place the squash cut side down.
6. On the same tray, place your chicken breast and season with a dash of the ranch seasoning mix.
7. Bake for 30 minutes. *You may need a little more or less time depending on the size of your squash. Check periodically to make sure it is soft but not mushy. You want to easily shred the insides.*
8. While the squash is baking, cook your bacon and dice it into small pieces.
9. In a large bowl, mix the ranch seasoning and cream cheese.
10. Once your squash is complete, shred it using a fork and intermix with the cream cheese and ranch seasoning. Add 1/2 of the cheese and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to your liking.
11. Once the chicken is cooked, dice it into small pieces and add it to the squash mixture.
12. Add the squash mixture back into the skins and top with crumbled bacon and the remaining cheddar cheese.
13. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
14. Remove from oven and enjoy!